CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Less words but just as good....

Hello friends...

I feel like I haven't written much lately; but when I do it seems to be big and in depth... sometimes an overload. Is that just me or are you feeling it too? But I think my lack of writing has kept people from reading and commenting... so, I really hope there are still a few of you reading.

Anyway....

The house is quiet. I'm in a room by myself with the humming of the fan and Shawn McDonald's voice being the only things entering these ears. Honestly friends, I love it. I feel like I could sigh a sigh of relief right now. :)

Its been a crazy week. Friends home from college. Looking for a job. Really late nights and phone calls (which deserves a blog of itself. I'm hoping to write about that before I leave for Michigan on Friday morning.) Pressures of school. A family of friends of mine moved. Two dear friends of mine experienced a death... and lets add desperately seeking Jesus onto the list.

I am more tired and worn then I thought. This morning while having time with Jesus I muttered the words "I wish things would slow down" after letting out a long sigh. One of those sighs you breathe when you realize that what you want isn't exactly what you're going to get. *grin*

Yesterday I shared with a friend of mine who was home from college how I've been doing. I bluntly told her the truth, that its been a hard season yet a good one. That things have been hard and I've been pulled and pushed and forced into so many directions... and yet its been good. I smiled with her after sharing those words.

Her and I shared about how we both sometimes feel that there always seems to be atleast one thing that is pulling at us - and that a purely good season has been hard to find lately. How true those words feel!

While mentioning the topic of college..
Yesterday I got to see some dear friends of mine who are home from college. Four friends of mine came home this week for Fall break and two of them I got to spend time with yesterday. It amazes me sometimes how you expect people to be different (I didn't expect this - but I've heard it said) after you haven't seen them for an amount of time, how you expect them to look and act different, and not relate with you at all. Gladly (and expectedly), those assumptions weren't true at all. :)

Quickly jumping onto something else....

I woke up this morning alittle after 5:30 (yes that's AM - I can picture a few of you wincing at the thought of that *grin*) and after getting ready for my day and having some time with Jesus I looked out the kitchen window. The very spot that I often found myself 2 years ago during the summer mornings. I'd sit there sipping on some cappuccino while the sun was rising. I thought of that this morning while I looked out the window to see a pale blue morning sky filled with the darkest, puffiest, clouds I had ever seen.

Nearly an hour after that I looked out the very same window to see the sun rising and the sky filled with a hint of orange and dark pink. The dark puffy clouds were now bright white and the beams of the morning sun were peaking through. I sat there smiling, wishing, again, that time would slow down. I wanted to take a picture... but then I'd miss minutes of what I was seeing. :) And those few minutes were SO WORTH IT!

The picture of that is engraved in my mind and the feelings I had while seeing that is left in me. Completely amazing friends. :)

I have more I want to share... which I will try to do before I leave for Michigan on Friday.

Please check out a few of the last blogs if you haven't...

Teresa

0 comments: