CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A few thoughts...

It's 7:30 in the morning and it's still dark outside. I think that is something I've always liked about Summer - the sun rises at 6am...

How are you doing friends?... What have you been up to? What have you been reading, watching, listening to, feeling, learning? I'd really like to know.

I had 2 friends share something with me this week. Saturday afternoon I got a text message from a friend of mine telling me that a dear friend of hers had died. She said that she was out of town and that someone had to call her to let her know that her friend had died.

Yesterday my cellphone rang to let me know that I had another text message. Another friend of mine was letting me know that a friend of hers was killed in a car accident and left a daughter behind.

I have never experienced death personally - no one close to me has ever died. But when I got these words from these friends I can't help but be grieved over it. Yesterday morning I spent the whole morning getting ready for the day and having time with Jesus while crying over (the first mentioned) the friend of mine.

Yesterday while sitting in my room after getting both messages I started wondering how in the world will I deal with death at a personal level? I started imagining the grief that could and would take hold of me. Then I started thinking of people that I love dearly and imagined them leaving the earth and taking their last breath.

It doesn't seem real, friends. Death doesn't seem real. To imagine someone leaving the earth and taking their last breath isn't fathomable. It seems fake, made up. Something I can't begin to grasp....

But,yesterday I kept trying to truly grasp all of this at once. (Yes, I just said it's something I can't grasp - so apparently I was doing something impossible). People dying. Friends suffering. Losing someone. Grief that could take hold of me. But, I don't think it's something that can be fully grasped at all.

Within the last 4 days those are somethings that are getting LOUD in me. Things that have been circling over and over again in my mind... and thoughts and words that just won't leave me alone.

Please do pray for these friends of mine. I long to be with them and comforting them - one is 2 hours away and the other across the country. Please pray that they would trust that God is the Comforter. His comfort is far better than what mine could be! And please pray for the families of the ones that died as well....

Even Jesus wept when Lazarus died... if Jesus reacts in the same way we do - then I'm sure it will never be something easily grasped by man.

If you haven't already, please read my last blog.

Teresa

2 comments:

MEl :) said...

...thank you for sharing your hurt over what has gone on over here friend. it really means alot to know that you care.

I've come to realize that even out of all of the pain the Lord still manages to outshine all of the grief. So much of this is hard to understand..not able to grasp. but there is comfort in the truth that God does ALL things for good...and that there is plan far greater than ours could ever even think of being...we can find peace, and comfort in that truth.
I've seen opportunities to share, adn to pray with my greiving friends, in ways that I never had before. I feel that the lord will use with as a way to draw more to himself, and i just pray that, their eyes adn hearts would be open to him.
once again, thank you for your caring heart. it means so much!
love you friend

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.