CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

One wish: To be like Jeremiah

*First of all, if you haven't read my lastest posts "Losing Sleep and Other things Part I and II" please do that... and then come back to this one. *grin*

I woke up this morning at 7:30 after re-setting the alarm 2 or 3 times after it first went off at 6:45. Last night when I set my alarm for 6:45 right before going to sleep around 11, I thought I'd be eager to get out of bed about a half-hour earlier then I normally do on Saturdays. But, this morning I was anything but eager, (which isn't normal - I love early mornings and having hours of quiet and time to myself before others are up) my body just longed to be in bed. I must admit though, it felt good under the warm covers. :)

I just had some much needed time with Jesus this morning. I spend time reading the Word and praying every morning, and time in prayer every night. But, it's beginning to amaze me that I never feel completely fulfilled; not that God doesn't fulfill me. But, with every morning waking up, I realize that spending time with Him only creates more desire to spend time with Him; it only leaves me desperate for it again. I've never come to that point where it's like "Okay, now I feel completely fulfilled, I've learned everything that I have to learn, I've come to the point where I can stop." Friends, I don't think we are ever going to come to that point. *grin*

One thing that has been circling in my mind during the past... good month, has been the reminder of how unfaithful I am. Just before getting my laptop to start writing, I started thinking about that. And I thought, or maybe I said it outloud (I tend to be one who does that often) "If I had one wish, I'd wish to be like Jeremiah." Now, I don't know that if someone told me I had one wish, if that'd be the first thing to come to my mind. But why would I possibly wish to be like Jeremiah? Not because he struggled, not because he's written about in the Bible, not because he was a prophet.... but, simply because he was faithful.

It's really not easy to be truly faithful, is it?... I know some of you are like "Well duh Teresa, of course it's not." I know, that's obvious. But, seriously, it's hard to be truly faithful, to be truly obedient. That seems to be a lesson that I just can't seem to learn; I seem to keep having a reminder of how unfaithful I am, of just how hard it really is to be truly faithful. Or maybe it's a lesson that I'm too stubborn to learn.

I feel like I'm stuck in such a spot.

Back to faithful Jeremiah...

Pastor Mike has been teaching on Jeremiah's life for 13weeks now, off and on. I was reminded this morning just how much I love this mans life - or maybe I just now realized it. Either way, he knew what it meant to be faithful. He's called by God to be a prophet, to show nations there sin and draw them near to God, and to tell them that if they don't - they will be punished. Because he does these very things he's looked at as a fool, he's pitied, looked down upon. He struggles physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually; and he's had death threat upon death threat thrown against him. He's a courageous, yet humble man. He runs even while in the valleys, and even when facing hardship and a curve in the road, he doesn't give in or give up, he remains faithful.

I've longed to be like Jeremiah. The past 2 1/2 months have been terribly hard. Things have been placed in front of me that I've never expected. I want to lay it all before God, and realize that my part is only to be faithful... even when I want to give in and give up.

"Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares the LORD, 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the LORD Almighty. 'This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And My Spirit remains amoung you. Do not fear.' -Haggai 2: 4-5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey teresa....i encourage you just to continue to be faithful and just trust God in everything..he will never fail you

Anonymous said...

im so glad that you wrote that entry, Teresa. as we talked about last night, that helps me to realize that im not the only one who struggles with those things. being faithfull is a very relevant issue in both of our lives right now, but in different ways. please know that you are always in my prayers.

MEl :) said...

thanks for sharing your heart. I can def relate to ya! love ya woman! happy valentines day! :)

caroline said...

I hope that someday I can say that...I mean, I want to be faithful. But to be like Jeremiah is a mouthful. And a heartful. Wow! I hope you mean it. I'm gonna get you a yoke to carry around your neck. :)