CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 8, 2007

A wrestless afternoon...

I'm sitting on the couch of a few friends of mine, I'm at their home that is nearly 2 hours away from my own. I woke up this morning at nearly 7 o'clock to find myself being the first one awake. I long for that in the morning, the mornings are especially the time that I need to myself; if I don't get that then I feel as if my whole day is off track. I woke up this morning to having my time with Jesus, the cornfields right outside the window, and the shining morning sun. I loved it.

But now it's nearly 4 hours later and I'm feeling completely wrestless, completely unable to find peace and thrown out of my comfort zone. And I've felt desperate. The desperation I've felt has been more real then anything to me. It's felt as if it's been clinging to my very being and the very moment I'm given a glimpse of hope I'm then somehow reminded of the desperation that has found its place in me. I've been reminded of how incapable I am, how unfaithful and forgetful I am... and its been terribly hard.

This morning I read a verse in Pslam that I've been reading over and over for the past few weeks.

"Hear O LORD, and answer me. For I am poor and needy." (86:1)
I've been trying and praying that those words would somehow settle in my heart. That I'd be reminded in this season that God sees the fact that I'm poor and needy as a good thing. That He knows I'm desperate and the very season that I'm in. I desperately want to be reminded that in the times God feels distant that His Promise still stands firm "Never will I leave or forsake you."

Please do pray for me friends. I've been in place of desperation, feeling unfaithful and forgetful of Who Jesus truly is. I'm needy and poor and I trust that God will lead me to Him with that. I know that feeling desperate isn't going to go away so quickly as I had hoped - and I could possibly be led to harder and rougher places then I am now. It could get harder before it gets easier.

"For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, like a great lion to Judah. I will tear them to pieces and go away; I will carry them off, with no one to rescue them. Then I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt. And they will seek My Face; in their misery they will earnestly seek Me."

"Return, O Isreal, to the LORD your God. Your sins have been your downfall! Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to Him: "Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips. Assyria cannot save us; we will not mount war-horses. We will never again say 'Our gods' to what our own hands have made, for in You the fatherless find compassion."

I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them. (Hosea 5:14-15, 14:1-4)

3 comments:

MEl :) said...

..know that i have been praying for you friend. and always find peace in knowing that no matter how messy, and unreliable we are, God loves us, and finds us beautiful. Its also very encouraging to know that god is so completley opposite of our messyness, and he is ALWAYS there, and will be a firm foundation, even when we feel like we are falling apart.

Anonymous said...

Treebo- I am finally reading your blog! You are the most well spoken, godly minded 15-yr old girl I know! Don't ever lose that morning time with the Lord- it's precious! Thanks for hanging out with me tonight. I am praying for you and I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yo.

Thanks for your response to MY blog! I THINK we're about on the same page. :) I agree with your assesment of worship. I can't recall the words you used but really worship is about you and God not about a certain type of music. But that's why I was careful not to talk about worship in the blog post...cause then things seem to get personal to some people!! Just went back to check what you said: and I don't have to tear you apart. =)

In your post about being reminded how incapable you are, unfaithful and forgetful...you are not alone. As far as I'm concerned, this is what every Christian is on their own: on our own we are incapable of doing anything for God, even if it is our desire. We HAVE to have God's power of Him residing in us, continuousily pursuing HIM and growing at all times. I always have to laugh when someone says that "If you become a Christian your life gets easier!". ha. Easier, no. More fulfilled assuming you give every aspect of your life to God? I think so. But it's never easy.

Praying for you and sorry for the long comment!!

-ryan